When attempting to enter your serial number into Sibelius 5 on a computer running Mac OS 10.7 Lion, you may receive the following error message:
"Your serial number appears to be corrupted. Please contact technical help quoting the following number: "
This error occurs because permissions issues are preventing Sibelius 5 writing the serial number information to disk properly.
Anti Star Beach Slippers Shoes Sandals Water Purple Summer Mesh Women Garden Walking Shoes Shower Clog Breathable Footwear SKYMAIP Slip Sp6gqw0
- Click OK to close the error message.
- Bring the Finder application into focus by clicking its icon in the Dock.
- In the menu at the top of the screen, click Go > Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/Application Support and click Go.
- Inside the Application Support folder, create a new folder by either right-clicking in the folder and choosing Create new folder or by going to the File menu and choosing New Folder
- Name the new folder Sibelius Software (being careful to include the capital letters).
- If this folder exists already, delete it and re-create it manually.
Next, set the permissions on the Low Zip Soft Bootie Women's Sneaker 7 Cognac ECCO Sibelius Software folder that you have just created as follows:
- Select the Sibelius Software folder and click File > Get Info.
- From the Get Info dialog, click on the arrow next to Sharing & Permissions to expand it.
- Click the padlock symbol in the bottom right and enter your administrator password.
- Make sure that the user labeled (Me) has the Read & Write privilege selected.
- Click on the cog symbol, and choose Apply to enclosed items.... Click OK when prompted
- Close the Get Info window.
This should leave you with a folder /Library/Application Support/Sibelius Software that Sibelius 5 can successfully write to, allowing you to now run Sibelius 5, enter your serial number again and go on to register.
NB: Automatic registration over the internet of Sibelius 5 or 6 will not work on Mac OS 10.7 Lion, so you should choose the second option to Register using a web browser..., as explained here.
If you are still encountering problems, please contact Product Registration Support.